Strengthening Diversity Through Inclusion
This is an online event which is part of Developing the Young Workforce (DYW) Scotland Equalities Week starting Monday 16th November 2020.
DYW Equalities Week is a programme of events that is intended for employers, parents and young people to promote, illustrate and celebrate equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) in the workplace.
The events are also designed to support businesses and organisations; not only to realise there are organisations in Scotland willing to meet, advise and support them in recruiting but to help them with other EDI activites.
DYW are delighted to have Paul Skovron from 3In Consulting talking at the only live event held during the Equalities Week. This event will take place on 18th November 2020 at 12pm.
The topic of this event is Strengthening Diversity Through Inclusion
Paul will be talking about the pitfalls and advantages of creating a diverse workforce. The session will cover:
- The importance of equality in the workplace and the legal requirements on organisations to comply with the Equality Act
- Explain the concepts and terminology of equality, diversity and inclusion
- The impact of discrimination and bias in the workplace
- Challenges and opportunities in recruiting the correct person whilst considering diversity of people
- The opportunities and advantages of creating an empowered diverse workforce
- How an engaged diverse workforce transforms organisations
- How an inclusive organisation can reap tangible benefits through the diversity
- Thoughts on new ways of working, now and in the future, like remote working
During the week commencing 16th November DYW will be using #ajobforeverybody to share stories and experiences which prove that everyone can contribute and be of benefit to employers as well as #myskillsmakeme.
Note : This is an online webinar. Register here on Eventbrite.
Full joining instructions will be sent to you prior to the event.